Thursday, July 19, 2012

Zucchini Envy

I am enjoying my zucchini harvest and my neighbor's harvest.  My zucchini are small, but my neighbor's zucchini are monsters.  By monsters I mean at least 14 inches long and 4 inches in diameter.  These monsters can yield about 10 cups of shredded zucchini.  This week alone I have made Zucchini Gratin, Garden Vegetable Enchilada's, and Zucchini Bread.  This is the bread I made during my Pinterest transformation I posted yesterday.

Zucchini Bread

1 1/2 C shredded zucchini (1 medium)
1/2 C oil
1 C sugar
2 eggs
2 t vanilla
1/2 t baking soda
1t cinnamon
1/2 t salt
1/4 t baking powder
1 1/2 C flour
1C chopped pecans

Combine oil, sugar, eggs and vanilla in mixing bowl and beat until combined. Add baking soda, cinnamon, salt, baking powder, and flour. Beat to combine. Scrape bowl as needed.  Stir in nuts and zucchini.  Pour into greased and floured 9x5 loaf pan.  Bake at 350F for 1 1/4 hours or until loaf tests done in middle. Can also make 12 muffins and bake 375F for 20 minutes.




I have included another Pinterest project for you to enjoy.  I used the Pinterest recipe of 2 T fabric softener in a spray bottle of water.  Spray the tangled and matted doll hair with this solution and you are magically able to get a comb through the doll hair. I admit this doll's hair was not that bad, but it was unable to be combed. The  AFTER photo shows a smoother look almost like new.



BEFORE




AFTER


Check in for more Pinterest reviews.

No comments:

Post a Comment