Saturday, July 28, 2012

Don't Hold The Mayo





Apparently I have a problem.  I am guilty of drinking in bed and not using a coaster. My bed side table is evidence of this problem.  While on Pinterest, I noticed a Pin about using mayonnaise to remove water stains from wood.  It sounds crazy, but it actually worked.  I am not a fan of mayonnaise, so being able to use it for something like this intrigued me.



I squeezed the mayo onto the water stains and let it sit for about 15 minutes. 


When I returned this is what I found.  Mickey my lab could not resist tasting my experiment.


I wiped off the mayo and buffed the table with a soft cloth and this is what it looks like now.


I may need to redo the corner that was licked, but I am pleased with the results. No more water stains.

No comments:

Post a Comment