Thursday, July 19, 2012

Hooked on Pinterest

I've been MIA searching the Pinterest Boards.  Somehow I have managed collect 281 pins and have decided it might be a good idea to try out some of these Pins. The Pin about cooking hashbrowns in the waffle iron sounded like a great idea, but was not so wonderful in real life.  I have decided to try some Pins and share the results with you. Hope you enjoy the journey. 

I have been inspired by the Pins about breathing new life into old furniture and upcycling.  I purchased a vanity, two chairs and four picture frames while shopping at some garage sales in my neighborhood.  The purchases set me back $10.50.  It will definitely cost more to transform them, but hopefully the result will be fabulous.

BEFORE
I wanted to transform this vanity into a desk for my daughter's room.  Perfect size and not to many drawers to stash her treasures.  It took a little sandpaper and some paint. This paint is great!  It dries quickly, offers great coverage and also adheres to plastic. The color is Kona Brown Gloss.
This is the transformed piece.  I am pleased with results. The paint did set me back $4.00 for this project, but I think it was a great investment.

AFTER

I did manage to bake some zucchini bread during this transformation process.  I will let you know how that turned out tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to see your projects come to fruition =) Hopefully, it will motivate me to do the same.

    ReplyDelete