Monday, July 30, 2012

Enjoying the Weekend

My daughters were away for the weekend, so it was the perfect opportunity to try some Pinterest Pins.
  1.  I painted my front door with an eye popping color for curb appeal.   
  2. Made the Cinnabon Cinnamon Roll Cake
  3. Tried cutting a wine bottle with string
My front door is now Cranberry. I would rather have a new door, but this will do for now.


I baked the Cinnabon Cinnamon Roll Cake that I pinned several months ago.  The cake is delicious and is as close as you will get to a Cinnabon without going to the mall. The cinnamon filling has the gooey texture that sticks to your fork and probably your arteries.





http://www.sixsistersstuff.com/2012/02/cinnabon-cinnamon-roll-cake-recipe.html


Cutting wine bottles with a string was third on the list.  I pinned this so I could make this really artsy wind chime from wine bottles.  The wine bottle cutting videos are all over the Internet and Pinterest. I was worried that this project would end with a trip to the emergency room, but it did not.  It looked really easy, but as you can see I am still without my wind chime. I will continue working on this project. The bottle I used was imported from Germany, maybe I will try a domestic wine and have better luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment