Monday, August 27, 2012

I'm Back

I am sorry that I have been MIA .  It has been a little crazy around here.  I have had cakes to bake, appointments to make, kids to take, appliances to break, and dogs to medicate.
Did I mention that my dog Mickey is allergic to ragweed?  Yes, I am currently medicating my rescued lab-mix with Benadryl, per veterinary advice.  I have also been trying  an Internet concoction of baking soda and cornstarch to help relieve his itching and scratching. I figured it couldn't hurt to try it out, but I am not sure if it will be the cure.

 Mickey is so sad.










 I did try a new recipe over the weekend.  The recipe claims to be the IHOP pancake recipe. If you normally make your pancakes from scratch, you will not be wowed. If you normally use a mix, you may want to give it a try.  My daughters loved the pancakes.  The pancakes were good, but my husband and I did not notice a huge difference over my normal recipe. http://cookinupnorth.blogspot.com/2011/11/ihop-pancake-recipe.html
I have also been working on some wine bottle crafts. You probably remember me writing about cutting a wine bottle with rope and acetone, well it does not work at home like it does on U tube.  I finally bought a bottle cutter and I am perfecting the process. I hope to make this  http://www.favecrafts.com/Wine-Bottle-Crafts/Green-Pendant-Wind-Chime-from-Diamond-Tech or some of the other wine bottle crafts very soon.


I just wanted to let you know I am still alive and trying out the things I find online. I plan to be back soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment