Sunday, August 19, 2012

Carpet and Upholstery Cleaner

This is what I found on the carpet in my basement.

As usual, no one in my house was responsible for this stain. My best guess is that it is dry erase marker residue, but my daughters would not confirm or deny my suspicions.

 I wanted to share one of my favorite stain fighters for carpet and upholstery . With two messy children and an equally messy dog, this recipe has saved me on more than one occasion. I can not remember where I found this recipe, but it definitely works.  This stain remover also does not leave an oily residue to attract dirt like many commercial stain products.  If your carpet or upholstery has a Scotchgard coating, you may want to re-apply a Scotchgard spray to the affected area, after the area  is clean and dry.  This cleaner uses basic household products.



Carpet and Upholstery Cleaner

1/2 cup white vinegar
1/2 cup ammonia
1/2 cup alcohol
1/4 cup water

Mix all ingredients in a spray bottle and shake to combine. Spray onto stain and blot with a clean white cloth.



Look at my carpet now.  The stain is gone.





I have found this mixture very helpful on clothing stains also.




No comments:

Post a Comment