Tuesday, August 7, 2012

DIY Grout Cleaner

I have been meaning to clean the floor grout in the bathrooms for a while, but something more fun is always happening. Pinterest had a Pin for grout cleaner, so no better time than today. The problem with DIY is you "do it yourself" unless you can find someone to do it for you.

The cleaner consists of 3/4 c baking soda and 1/4 c bleach mixed together.  Scrub the grout with an old tooth brush and wipe with a wet cloth. This made enough for me to clean two bathroom floors. I was a little discouraged at first because I didn't seem to notice a difference.  Then the grout started to dry and the magic happened.  The photos really do not do it justice.

Before

After




This floor has a light grey grout so the clean is not as noticeable.

Before

After
I am hoping I will be motivated to do the kitchen and hallways soon, but I am just waiting for my brain to come back after breathing all those bleach fumes.

1 comment:

  1. Cleaning is very crucial for bathroom, kitchen, and living room. It is very important to clean and seal the grout. Specially on the tile floor homes cleaning floor grout is essential. Otherwise it damage the tiles and reduce the attractiveness of the floor it it be there for long time.

    ReplyDelete