Thursday, January 27, 2011

Breaking Up Is Hard To Do

It happens every two weeks on Thursday morning and I am desperately trying to avoid IT. What is IT? IT is Sal the Schwann's delivery man. Over the summer this sweet gentleman came to the door leaving us with a bag full of ice cream samples and a Schwann's catalog. My daughters thought this gentleman was the answer to their prayers. I of course felt guilty after eating the samples and would order something every two weeks when Sal came knocking at the door. I have created a monster that won't take NO for an answer. I having been on the lamb on Thursday's for the past few weeks to avoid Sal and save money. Having worked in sales, I understand he is trying to make a living, but I really do not need to spend $6.99 on a bag of frozen green beans that I can purchase at Meijer for $1.00. That old public service announcement, "Just say NO to drugs" keeps echoing in my head, if only I could say NO to Sal. Looks like I will be at my Yoga class this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment