Tuesday, January 22, 2013

All Natural Flavored Coffee Creamer

They say that necessity is the mother of invention and I guess that was the case this morning, when I discovered I was almost out of flavored creamer for my coffee. Making a trip to the grocery store was not appealling to me with the temperature outside at -18F, with the windchill.  I did a quick search and found a great recipe that is free of artificial colors and flavors and tastes amazing. In case you did not know, those flavored creamers are chocked full of partially hydrogenated oils, high fructose corn syrup, artificial flavors, artificial colors, and milk derivatives.  It may taste great in your coffee, but is not so great for your body. There are two base recipes for the creamer posted, as well as many flavor options.  This is the creamer I enjoyed this morning.

Vanilla Cinnamon Coffee Creamer

1 1/2 cups milk (I used skim)
1 14 oz can of sweetened condensed milk
1 Tablespoon pure vanilla extract (do not use artificial)
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon

Whisk together.  Store for up to two weeks in the refrigerator.



 I used the first recipe, because I had skim milk and sweetened condensed milk at home.
I opted for the vanilla cinnamon flavor.

I whisked it all together.

I then poured it into my empty creamer bottle.


You could make a different flavor every week and replicate your favorite limited edition flavors any time of the year. Adding your favorite liqueur to the creamer could be an extra special treat. I may have to try that soon. http://www.squidoo.com/homemade-coffee-creamer 

No comments:

Post a Comment