Monday, October 1, 2012

Jet Pack

The birthday season is officially over at our house.  I can officially sit down, breathe and finish the open bottle of wine from the birthday party and enjoy some leftover cake.  The house is still clean, but the washer continues to operate 24 hours a day. I decided to find out why I could not post photos to my blog and to my surprise, the problem had fixed itself. 

I did want to share something I created. My niece had a Jet Pack on her birthday list.  A real jet pack was a little out of my budget, so I decided to look on Pinterest to see what I could find.  I found one and decided to give it a try.  It was very simple.  You need two empty 2-liter bottles, plastic spray primer in gray, cardboard, ribbon and a hot glue gun.

  1. Spray the bottles and cardboard with the primer.
  2. When the bottles and cardboard are dry, attach the bottles next to each other on the cardboard to secure. 
  3. Attach ribbon to the cardboard (like a back pack)
  4. Fold together strips of red, orange and yellow ribbon and secure inside the bottle opening with glue. 
  5. Strap on your Jet Pack and enjoy the ride.
This should provide hours of fun.  It may also be helpful for a Halloween costume.  That reminds me that I need to get to work on developing some costumes.

No comments:

Post a Comment