Sunday, September 9, 2012

Wrinkle Releaser

I have been trying to get back into the school routine and have fallen behind on my blogging.  It was a short week, but it really tired me out.  I am working a substitute position (32.5 hours a week) with our local school district until October and honestly I need to get myself organized.  Stress was creeping in on Thursday evening and school only started on Wednesday.  I was feeling the pressure of a working Mom and wife.  First it was the reams of paper that my daughters brought home from school that needed to be filled out and turned it immediately.  Then it was planning dinner, laundry, packing lunches deciding on my outfit for work (yes, that can be stressful) and trying to figure out why I am unable to post photos on my blog. I am technically challenged. I know you all can relate.

Everyone loves ideas that can save time and this is one of my favorites.  Who loves to iron clothes?  Not me!  It is a last resort type thing that I will do, only if absolutely necessary.  I have an ironing board and iron that are set up and ready to go in my laundry room, but it tends to be used as a drying rack. Do you love wrinkle releaser, but hate the price?  You can make your own and eliminate some of your ironing.  This wrinkle releaser works great to freshen clothing that may have been smashed in the closet or dresser drawer. 

You only need to spray the item lightly with the spray while the garment is hanging and the wrinkles fall out as the garment dries. I recommend spraying the night before or first thing in the morning before your shower.  The key is a fine mist spray bottle.

Wrinkle Releaser
1 cup filtered or distilled water
1 Tablespoon fabric softener

Combine water and fabric softener in a small spray bottle with a fine mist spray. Shake.  Spray on wrinkled garments, smooth with hand and watch the magic happen.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment