Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Make me an offer I can't refuse!

My unemployment checks ended two months ago and now I'm starting to feel the pain of not enough money in the budget.  I have been looking for employment during the past two years, but it is only recently that there seems to be positions which are a good fit for my experience.  Recruiters are starting to contact me so the economy must be improving.  I need to get back to work to have structure and purpose in my life.  I need to have contact with the outside world.  Being a housewife and stay at home mom is not always the best thing for self esteem.  I sometimes feel isolated and alone even though I may have had coffee or lunch with a friend.  It is hard to meet someone for the first time and tell them that you are not working.  It doesn't matter if it is your decision to stay at home or a corporate decision it is looked down on by most. However, most of the people who look down on me are working mothers.  Why is this?  Is it jealousy or resentment?  I am ready, willing and able, so bring on the opportunities.

1 comment:

  1. I completely agree Julie!! I feel the same way. I thinking being a Stay at home mom is MUCH harder socially!! I can't wait to go back to work!

    Brenda

    ReplyDelete